Friday, June 1, 2012

Breakfast Blues | Coffee Banana Smoothie

If you are anything like me, getting out of bed requires quite a lot of motivation - or in some cases, a large to-do list. But one of the best things about the morning, despite the fact that I am not at all a morning person, is coffee. I love coffee. I am addicted. It's pretty bad, really - I have maybe skipped 5 whole mornings of coffee in the last few years that I have been drinking it. Truthfully, my addiction started senior year of high school, and was kind of ok, kind of under control - I drank it on mornings when I was especially tired after staying up all night on projects and practicing dance and whatnot. In college, my addiction just evolved into something absolutely uncontrollable and crazy. Mind you, I don't throw back six or seven cups (as you might think), I just really need that one cup in the morning.

This can be a problem, sometimes. I like to drink my coffee Indian style, frothy with milk and a hint of sugar. But this concoction doesn't keep me full, as a good breakfast should, but usually deters me from eating anything else. The result - I'm awake, but hungry within an hour. It's quite terrible! So, I came up with a solution, combining one of the best breakfast foods with coffee for added nutrition, taste, and fullness - the banana! Here's how to make your Coffee Banana Smoothie!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon or single serve packet of your favorite instant coffee (I used Nescafe Colombian)
1 teaspoon of sugar (you add more if you don't want your coffee as strong)
1 cup of milk 
1 ripe banana 
Ice (optional)

Method:
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Enjoy cold! 





3 comments:

  1. The combination of coffee and banana speaks to my heart. YUM! definitely trying this in the morning!!! I love all the food posts (Indian food is another thing that close to my heart and usually in my happy tummy :)) and I'm enjoy browsing through your blog! I'm now following your blog :)

    If you have a few minutes to spare, feel free to check out my blog and follow if it tickles your fancy! :) I'm a lover of food photography and post mostly that on my blog!

    Have a great day!

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! So I totally just made this and it's super delish! I'm drinking it right now! I had to up the sugar to 2 teaspoons, but other than that, it's perfect! With a little protein powder, this would make a great on-the-go breakfast! :)

    Thanks again for posting the recipe!

    neha
    neha made

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...